Awesome
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Uncharted

+2
Drag
6 posters

Go down

Uncharted Empty Uncharted

Post by Drag June 18th 2010, 12:41 pm

Uncharted: A Short Horror Story

If anyone gets this journal please read it and believe it. Your lives may depend on it. My name is John Wright and I am an archeologist with Smithland Geographical Research. I came to this uncharted island with my trusted team of archeologists to search for the legendary ancient ruins of the Oceania. Our research had led us to believe we were getting close. The eight of us started our journey from the small island of Mangareva heading northeast traveling by helicopter…
As the distant island came into view there came a great crack of thunder and flash of lightning. We were in the midst of a terrible tropical thunder storm. The winds whipped our helicopter like a kite on a string.
“Hold on tight! We’re going down!” yelled the pilot.
CRACK! A helicopter blade broke off and swung by the window whirling like a tornado. Screams of terror filled our diving helicopter until it crashed on the sand and then silence.
Gradually the moans of injured people rose from the rubble. I was bruised but thankfully my wounds weren’t serious. I checked on my fellow passengers and sadly found two crushed in the right side of the helicopter. Mary, Bill, Randy and Robert were all dazed from the crash but alive and no bones broken. I crawled through the rubble to see if the Pilot was okay. The hair on the back of my neck stood up as I stared at the mutilated corpse of pilot.
“This is impossible…the crash couldn’t have done this.”
The rest of the crew made their way to the cockpit and stared in horror.
“Where the heck are we?” whimpered Robert.
“I don’t know but see if that radio works and get us out of here,” cried Mary.
“This radio is not working” I answered. “For now we need to find shelter.”
“But whatever did this to Jim is out there and we need to be on our guard,” Bill said sternly.
Climbing out of the broken helicopter we noticed something in the distance… it looked like a wolf but much bigger. It quickly disappeared into the jungle. I was terrified but as the leader I had to keep myself under control. My team was depending on me.
“There seems to be some ruins over there. We should be able to find a protected spot there, “I suggested.
“It doesn’t look very safe,” cautioned Randy. “But it doesn’t look like we have a lot of choice.” So we carried what we could use for supplies and tried to settle for the night. Each of us was to take a turn at keeping watch with Bill going first. As I was just about to fall asleep I heard a scream. “What’s wrong?!” Bill said in response to the yell. We all jumped up and saw the empty sleeping bag
“OH MY GOSH! Where’s Robert?!!” screamed Mary.
“Let’s get out of here.” whispered Randy. Sadly we were too scared to even investigate what had happened. We huddled together with our hearts pounding.
A long low rrggghh came from the shadows.
“What was that?!” I shrieked. A wolf-like looking figure leaped at Bill! Randy and I sprang towards the wolf, beating our hand against the predator while it scratched and snarled at us. It quickly shoved us away. I got up and gestured toward a log that had fallen through the roof long ago. We lifted it up with all our might and chucked it at the creature. It crashed on top of its head as it leapt away.
Mary ran up to Bill crying, “Are you all right?!”
“Ughh…it bit me…ohhh…” Bill slid to the ground unconscious.
We still didn’t feel safe but we were exhausted and fell asleep anyway. In the distance I thought I heard that sound rrggghh It was not a restful sleep. I woke up the next morning to see Bill looking odd. His face bore a dogish looking muzzle!
“Bill are you all right!” I exclaimed.
He jumped up from his crouched position and leaped toward me as he was gaining even more canine-like features. By this time the others were awake and screaming like they were the ones that were about to get their heads bit off! I grabbed a small branch that must have fallen off a tree and jabbed at Bill’s eyes, who was now fully one of those wolf monsters. He howled in pain and cowered back as Mary, Randy and I made a run for it. Far in the distance we saw what looked like a small civilized town.
“What?” exclaimed Randy “I thought this island was uncharted?”
“Me too…” I responded as we started off towards the town. There were neat streets with plain identical houses but no sight of any people. It looked like something out of horror movie set.
Mary called out “Hello, hello! Please help us!” There was no answer. We cautiously looked around a little before Randy found something. “Guys, you might want to see this.”
A dead body laid there. It looked like it had been gnawed on for hours.
“Let’s get out of here.” I said with wide, scared eyes. We raced toward the jungle as we heard growls behind us. Probably not a good idea but we were scared and not thinking straight. There were vicious wolf-monsters roaring as we ran in fear.
Randy pointed to one of the houses. “Let’s go in there.” We ran through the door just as the monsters had caught up.
I slammed the door shut as I yelled over the howling and barking. “This door isn’t going to hold very long so get some stuff to put in front of it!” They nodded as sweat poured down their faces. As quickly as they could they barricaded the door with furniture
“What are we going to do?!” I yelled in panic. “They are eventually going to get in!” I could see that Randy was in no condition to think of a plan.
Soon after I heard Mary’s frantically calling “Uh, guys there is a door back here should I block it?”
My eyes brightened “No, come on Randy follow me,” I told him as we inched toward Mary “When I count to five we run. Okay, one.” A huge crash came from the front door. “Five! Run!!”
We ran as we thought of turning into one of them like Bill had. We ran frantically as even more wolf monsters galloped after us. Soon we saw a man stick his head up from a hatch that looked like a bomb shelter “Quickly, in here!” He urgently yelled.
We threw ourselves toward the hatch as were heard snapping of mouths behind us. We frantically climbed down with the man. He slammed the hatch door behind us. He led us into room and gestured toward some chairs.
“Tell us what is going on here!” We all asked. He hesitated “We all used to be scientists experimenting with wolf genetics.” “Why doesn’t anybody know about this place?” The man sighed as he explained further. “The military want us to make super soldiers but doesn’t want anyone to know. we thought wolf genetics were the safest bet, but we were wrong. They started mutating into those things and started attacking us, we got into this old bomb shelter.
“So is there anyway to stop these things?” I asked
“There is a self destruct button that will blow up the whole island at the lab were it all started but there is to many people on this island, we would have to get them off first.”
“Do you have a radio?” I queried.
“We do but it only reaches a few miles.”
“Then get in contact with Mangareva helicopter station.”
His eyes widened with happiness as he worked with the radio. A couple of hours later he yelled “Hey, everyone were going home tomorrow!” I laid in bed that night thinking about what he had said and how I could help. I heard shuffling beside my bed; I looked down and saw a very surprising sight! One of the monsters had burrowed its way into my living quarters! I screamed and lunged for the door and ran down the hallway yelling “Wake up! They got in! They got in!” The others woke up and frantically scrambled to the armory. We all snatched assault rifles and took position in front of the door waiting for the wolf monsters to come. One of the monsters leaped into through the entrance to the armory. Guns started blaring as more and more wolfs poured in. after the fray many people laid on the ground wounded and hurt as others went to repair the hole they broke through.
“Everyone its time, we have to get going!” the man who had rescued us yelled. As everyone started packing Randy asked me why I wasn’t getting ready.
“I’m not coming with you guys,” I answered “I want you to take this walkie-talkie and tell me when everybody is off the island. Okay? He knew that he could not talk me out of it and nodded. Everyone started off towards the shore and I went in the opposite direction, towards the lab. I ran faster and faster as I saw the monsters throwing themselves at me. I turned around and fired a barrage of bullets at the ferocious wolfs. More and more of them were chasing me. I knew I couldn’t out run these things for long so I sprinted to the abandoned town. I saw a jeep with the keys in it so I jumped in and drove to the lab running over the wolfs on the way. Soon I saw the labatory and jumped out of the jeep and ran to the entrance. The whole place was trashed there were skeletons too.
I saw the button it had glass around it and the words DO NOT PRESS above it. I raced to the button as the monsters were behind me. “Now!” Randy yelled through the walkie-talkie. Just as one jumped at me I pressed the button and blacked out. I woke up and looked around me, I saw that labatory looked war torn and I was bleeding to death. Some of the monsters might still be alive so if you get this GET OUT OF HERE!!
Get away from here……
Drag
Drag
Z Member
Z Member

Humor : Whats my humor? YOUR FACE IS MY HUMOR!!

http://extremerpg.motionforum.net

Back to top Go down

Uncharted Empty Re: Uncharted

Post by 0000000005 June 18th 2010, 1:03 pm

Wow, 3/3 nice...I'd love to hear more.
Y Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Amber June 18th 2010, 1:04 pm

I agree with 05, you're very talented Smiley
Amber
Amber
M Member

http://shadowedloveslight.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Drag June 18th 2010, 1:11 pm

Thanks, thats the best comments Ive ever heard on this story! Thanks grin I love writing action storys.
Drag
Drag
Z Member
Z Member

Back to top Go down

Post by OMGITSDAVID June 18th 2010, 1:29 pm

That was quite fun to read - keep writing, you're good at it Smiley
OMGITSDAVID
OMGITSDAVID
Z Member
Z Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Queenofspades222 June 18th 2010, 1:34 pm

David summed up my thoughts on it Nah nah nah nah nah
I'd love to hear more stories from you.
Queenofspades222
Queenofspades222
Z Member
Z Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Drag June 18th 2010, 1:36 pm

Wow, thanks everyone!
Drag
Drag
Z Member
Z Member

Back to top Go down

Post by {MmMgGg}} June 18th 2010, 2:08 pm

Have any other things you've written? If they're half as good as this one..
{MmMgGg}}
{MmMgGg}}

Back to top Go down

Post by Drag June 18th 2010, 2:13 pm

No I havnt wrote anything for a while. I was working on this one for a really long time, I think I started it last year O.o Yea a bit long but it was worth it.
Drag
Drag
Z Member
Z Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum